Nearly three-quarters of the earth’s surface is covered with water, yet only 0.3% can be drunk safely by humans. We might take clean water for granted at home, however when travelling abroad, trekking the outdoors or faced with natural disaster, vigilance about water hygiene can be the difference between good health and exposure to harmful microorganisms and bacteria.
The SteriPEN Adventurer Opti uses a revolutionary optical ye, along with patent-pending UV light technology to purify water, eliminating 99.9% of water-borne bacteria viruses and protozoa in only 48 seconds. The shortwave UV light in SteriPEN purifiers disinfects water by disrupting the DNA of microbes, preventing their ability to reproduce and killing bacteria, which can lead to serious diseases, including Cholera, E. coli, Hepatitis and Salmonella.
The SteriPEN Adventurer Opti has been designed with survival in mind, intended to withstand the harshest conditions of natural elements. With a development process including dropping the SteriPEN from more than 50ft to make sure it continues to function and extensive microbiological and structural testing by independent laboratories across the US and Canada, the SteriPEN has been proven to be safe and effective, earning the Water Quality Association’s Gold Seal among many other global awards.
The SteriPEN Adventurer Opti incorporates revolutionary, patent-pending technology used by the world’s leading bottled water companies, including:
- UV purification
- Revolutionary optical eye to sense safety of water
- An optical water sensor that doubles as an integrated LED flashlight for added convenience
- Two CR123 batteries ensuring effective operation even cold environments
- Long UV lamp life providing up to 8000 water treatments
- Lightweight and durable materials, weighing only 108g
- Purification and sterilisation in 48 seconds for 0.5L, or 90 seconds for 1L
The SteriPEN Adventurer Opti is available now in leading outdoor retailers across Australia for around $165.