Press release from the Australian Institute of Criminology
The Australian Institute of Criminology and the Victorian Department of Justice are hosting Australia’s second major Crime Prevention and Communities conference, in collaboration with Victoria Police, at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on June 10 and 11, 2014.
The organisers have developed a very strong program that explores and discusses many facets of crime and violence prevention and community policing.
Along with esteemed international and national keynote speakers in the crime and violence prevention fields, there are strong thematic streams on:
- Preventing violence, and violence against women and children
- Community empowerment
- Problem oriented policing and problem solving
- Crime prevention in the night time economy
- Crime prevention through environmental design and
And workshops on:
- Designing violence prevention programs
- Community youth policing
- Legal education, and
- Crime prevention planning
The conference will inform local government, urban planners, policy makers, police, criminologists, non-government community organisations, researchers and students.